[Eeglablist] ICs removal

Paolo Antonino Grasso paolo.grasso at iusspavia.it
Thu Oct 17 03:29:14 PDT 2019

Hi all,
I have a question about IC removal
In some cases I have found situations like the one described in the
attached figure where the signal is very noisy (although a PSD analysis do
not reveal the presence of electrical noise around 50 Hz) and ICA finds a
component that, if removed, eliminates most of the noise. However, this
component seems to retain some neural signal (as evident from the peak
around 12 Hz and from the ERP) and I don't know if it is appropriate to
remove it.
Do you have any idea of what is the origin of this component/noise and how
should I deal with it?
Thanks a lot for your replies
Paolo
--