[Eeglablist] cannot create ERPs

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Tue Oct 22 16:04:27 PDT 2019

Dear Gabriel,

> I have all my data preprocessed and epoched but I can't run a study.

EEGLAB studies may be created for both continuous and epoched datasets.

> checked all files and they are well epoched and the triggers are all
> there.  It seems to be some sort of logical incommensurability between
> matlab and eeglab. I am using the last version of eeglab and MATLAB R2019a.
> Did anyone report any bugs with the same settings?
>
> And instead of seeing the normal study interface we normally see when using
> eeglab or learning from your website, I visualize this poorer interface on
> the right size of this printscreen attached):

The STUDY interface has changed in EEGLAB 2019.0 (your print screen is not visible - might have been filtered out automatically). I am guessing that this is what you are referring to. I would try first following this very simple tutorial (especially part 3 and 4 for group analysis). It is still the old interface but it will show you how to create an EEGLAB STUDY.

1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omn7y3TIsGc
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6-e3tNT9EQ
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB6TJjhO674
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8jK-bW1U3A

Other resources are the slides of recent EEGLAB workshops such as this one

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/mediawiki/images/c/c7/EEGLAB2019_AD_STUDY_design.pdf

And of course the EEGLAB tutorial

https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Chapter_02:_STUDY_Creation

Best wishes,