[Eeglablist] How to properly dress electrode wires?

Kaelasha Tyler kaelasha.tyler at gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 19:27:24 PST 2020

Hi Nathan,

Most EEG systems I have worked with use a cap, in which the leads are
already gathered into one cord going to the EEG amp.

However I have worked with individual gold cup leads as a sleep scientist.
In these cases, we just use masking tape or some such to gather and group
leads together  and keep it tidy. Gather smaller bunches of leads into a
bunch, and then collecting all the bunches together towards the back of the
head or where ever is going to be convenient. This seems to work pretty
well, even when I have had sleep study participants sleeping and rolling
around in bed for 6 hours.
I also use an 8 lead OpenBCI EEG system as a hobby and do the same with
this.

Loose leads will exaggerate any artefact in the EEG from movement.

Hope that helps a little. Others may have more to offer.

Cheers,
Kaelasha