[Eeglablist] Baseline from outside the epoch period

Scott Makeig smakeig at ucsd.edu
Mon Jan 20 10:11:32 PST 2020

I would also use the features of erpimage (e.g., 'align') to visualize the
longer single trials e.g. sorted by time interval between cue and collision

Scott Makeig

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 2:21 AM Delorme, Arnaud <adelorme at ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Dear Haneen,
>
> In EEGLAB graphical interface, you might want to extract large epochs
> time-locked to the visual cues that encompass both the visual cues and the
> collisions plus at least 2 seconds. Then remove the baseline of your
> choice. After that, you can re-extract sub-epochs -2 to 2 seconds from the
> collision point - this time do not remove any baseline.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Arno
>
> > On Jan 14, 2020, at 12:20 PM, Makoto Miyakoshi <mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Haneed,
> >
> > The default EEGLAB does not support it unfortunately.
> > If you absolutely need to do it, then you have to do it outside EEGLAB
> GUI
> > operation by coding. In doing so, use bsxfun() in this way
> >
> > EEG.data = bsxfun(@minus, EEG.data,
> mean(baselineData(:,time1:time2,:),2));
> >
> > 'baselineData' is your 3-D data including baseline period defined by
> > time1:time2. Just one line of code!
> >
> > Makoto
> >
> > On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 11:20 PM Haneen Alsuradi <haneen at nyu.edu> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I did an experiment in which I have two events, one for a visual cue
> that
> >> indicates the start of the trial (a ball on the screen which will be
> used
> >> in the trial itself) and the second one is when a collision happens for
> the
> >> ball. I am interested in studying the brain activity after the collision
> >> and thus I will epoch -2 to 2 from the collision point. However, I
> think it
> >> is suitable to baseline my epoch before the visual cue and not before
> the
> >> collision. The time between the visual cue and the collision is user
> >> dependent. Is there anyway I can specify my baseline outside the epochs?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Haneen
> >> For digest mode, send an email with the subject "set digest mime" to
> >> eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu

> > For digest mode, send an email with the subject "set digest mime" to

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0961, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott