[Eeglablist] Query on reference during preprocessing (Makoto's processing pipeline)

Mahjabeen Rahman mahjabeen.rahman at Knights.ucf.edu
Thu Feb 20 12:59:15 PST 2020

Hello,

I am a new researcher in the field of EEG. So I found some papers recommending not using average reference and using REST (note: this papers mainly talked about ERP).  I will do a power spectral analysis. We are using a Cognionics Mobile 64 device to collect data during a physical task (Isometric exertion).  So what should be my re-referencing method ? Initially I was planning for average, but now I got confused with those papers. (here's one of them https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10548-019-00707-x?shared-article-renderer#ref-CR24)

I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks.

Mahjabeen Rahman