[Eeglablist] Change reference after ICA

Joseph Dien jdien07 at mac.com
Thu Mar 5 10:53:43 PST 2020

Although there are different preferences, there’s nothing intrinsically wrong with using CAR during analysis and yes you can always rereference.

You may find these papers helpful:

Dien, J. (1998). Issues in the application of the average reference: Review, critiques, and recommendations. Behavior Research Methods, Instruments, and Computers, 30(1), 34–43.
Dien, J. (2017). Best practices for repeated measures ANOVAs of ERP data: Reference, regional channels, and robust ANOVAs. Int J Psychophysiol, 111(1), 42–56. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2016.09.006 <https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijpsycho.2016.09.006>

Joe