[Eeglablist] Editing eventcodes in eventlist

Andrew X Stewart axstewart at ucdavis.edu
Thu Mar 12 13:36:10 PDT 2020

Hi Rebecca,

Yes, it is possible to edit the eventcodes in ERPLAB.

One way to edit the eventcodes is by:
- generating the EventList in ERPLAB
- exporting that text file (thru EEGLAB > ERPLAB > EventList > Export EventList to text file)
- editing this as desired a text editor
- re importing this EventList the EEG set, (thru EEGLAB > ERPLAB > EventList > Import EventList from text file)

If using this method, I recommend using a good raw text editor program (like the brilliant https://www.sublimetext.com ),
rather than something like Word, and being careful to not mess up the formatting of that text file.

For scripting, there are some hints here:
https://github.com/lucklab/erplab/wiki/Scripting-Guide

If you are still having trouble, could you email me your EventList text and EEG .set file?

Best,
Andrew X Stewart
Dr Andrew X Stewart, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Scholar