[Eeglablist] Fw: Preprocessing Questions

Hadji, Mohammad mohammad.hadji at wustl.edu
Sat Mar 21 20:42:56 PDT 2020

________________________________
From: Hadji, Mohammad
Sent: Saturday, March 21, 2020 9:56 PM
To: eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu <eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Preprocessing Questions

Hello EEGLAB Members,

I have been reading the following preprocessing pipeline: https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto's_preprocessing_pipeline#Epoch_data_to_-1_to_2_sec_.2809.2F11.2F2019_updated.29 and I have a few questions:

I am looking to re-reference my data (19 electrodes) using REST (Provided as a plugin for EEGLAB) and remove and interpolate electrodes using clean_rawdata, then apply ICA. I have PZ currently set as the reference. In what order should I remove, interpolate, and re-reference my EEG data before sending things to ICA in order to best clean my data without having any rank issues? It seems like the literature really conflicts and several pipelines for preprocessing EEG have been suggested. HAPPE re-references after ICA for example and Makoto's pipeline says to do the opposite.

I also am getting some Wobble with obtaining locs with EEGLAB, is this something to be concerned about?

Thank you,

Mohammad