[Eeglablist] Concatenate data across visits prior to ICA?

Tarik S Bel-Bahar tarikbelbahar at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:00:58 PDT 2020

Steve, brief note here. Perhaps useful or already considered? best wishes.
Consider finding matching ICs from each session and/or using group-ICA
(e.g., Calhoun's EEGgift)to do the same (perhaps grouped by sessions
somehow).
It's hard to estimate (until published evidence) how much noise is added in
by merging sessions vs. comparing across ICA from separate sessions.
And yes, the relatively (empty) green parts in ICA single trials (mentioned
by malte/,makoto) do occur when there has been even displacement of EEG
within a session,
not to speak of large differences in electrode placement across electrode
placements/sessions. ..I think i've also seen twin or triplet ICs emerge in
such situations.
Some form of modelling (cf Scott) should be able to eventually deal with
these issues. This may be due to most multi-session studies focusing on
sensor-level rather than ICA metrics.