[Eeglablist] Problem with ICLabel and Bilateral dipoles (Makoto's Preprocessing Pipeline)

Mahjabeen Rahman mahjabeen.rahman at Knights.ucf.edu
Wed Apr 1 20:26:19 PDT 2020

Hi fellow researchers,

I have couple of questions.

  1.  I found this from SCCN tutorial's DIPFIT section
"In case your channel location are the same as the one of the model. If all your electrode locations are within the International 10-20 System, you may use the standard channel coordinates associated with the head model. In this case, no co-registration is required. "
My device is 10-10 configuration, so do I still need to co-register ?
  2.  When I run IClabel I see only single dipoles, even though I followed the instructions for both single and then searching the bilateral dipoles. So If I use single dipoles only, is it giving me wrong labels ?
  3.  I saw there are some updates in dipfit, iclabel and fieldtrip plug-ins. I am using MATLAB R2019b and EEGLABv14.1.2. By any chance, are these problems happening for not updating ? I did not update yet, cause I am not sure how compatible are those updates with my version of EEGLab.

Thanks in advance,
Mahjabeen Rahman
PhD Student
Industrial Engineering & Management Systems
University of Central Florida