[Eeglablist] LIMO Errors Importing Data

Pia Ludwig PiaLudwig at gmx.at
Wed Apr 15 02:28:26 PDT 2020

Dear all,
I’ve been trying to use the LIMO toolbox for my data, but I can’t get it to work, not even with the tutorial data provided. I am not sure if these are bugs or if it is a compatibility problem. I tried different EEGLAB versions and settings, and it turns out, that the single trial data for the time-frequency analysis cannot be loaded, as it seems to be formatted inappropriately (see below). I created them with the LimoTools option and don't know how to proceed. It would be great if you could provide me your thoughts on how to solve this, as I really want to use this toolbox with my own data!
Thanks so much!
Best Pia

See here below a summary of the errors I received so far. I am running LIMO in Matlab R2017b using the GUI. I also tried it on Matlab 2019a, but had the same problem at the end.
If I use eeglab2019_1, I already get the following error when I try to create single trial data:
      Error using load: Unable to read file '…\limo_dataset_S1.set_single_trials.daterp'. No such file or directory.
      Error in limo_create_single_trials (line 123)         data = load('-mat',[name '.daterp']);
      …
This might be a problem of the naming, as the preprocessing runs and files like ‘S1.daterp' etc. are actually created.

If I use eeglab eeglab13_6_5b or 14_1_1b creating single trial data works. When I try to run the single subject GLM, I get it to work for the ERPs but not for          the Frequency or Time Frequency data. I get the following error:
      Time-Frequency implementation - loading tf data... Reference to non-existent field 'Type'.
      Error in limo_eeg (line 299)            if strcmp(LIMO.Type,'Components')
      …

This might be because for some reason the field “Type” does not exist. When I add in limo_eeg.m in Line 299 to test if field exists, I get another error
      Error using load Number of columns on line 2 of ASCII file …\limo_dataset_S1.set_single_trials.dattimef must be the same as previous lines.
      Error in limo_eeg (line 325)                    Y = load(EEGLIMO.etc.datafiles.datersp);
      …

When I then go back and save single trial data as .mat file, redo the import data action, I get this error:
      Time-Frequency implementation - loading tf data...
      Error using getfield (line 56) Inputs must be either cell arrays or character vectors.
      Error in limo_eeg (line 327)                       Y = getfield(Y,cell2mat(fieldnames(Y)));

When I check the .mat file, I see that it is completely empty, hence the error.