[Eeglablist] Enquiry regarding power values calculated using spectopo

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Sat May 2 10:36:09 PDT 2020

Hi,

There are probably diferent ways to do it.
I personally do it like this for example for continuous data over channel 1:

1) spectra = spectopo(EEG.data(1,:), EEG.pnts, EEG.srate, 'plot','off');
2) spectra = 10.^spectra; %brings log dB signal to power (amplitude = power squared)
3) compute mean, SD or whatever you want here on power values
4) spectra = log10(spectra)  %bring back to log for more normalized signal across subjects

Best,
Cedric

--
Cédric Cannard, MSc, PhD candidate in Neuroscience
Université Toulouse III, CerCo Lab, CNRS, France
ccannard at protonmail.com