[Eeglablist] Low density system questions

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Sat May 2 13:45:24 PDT 2020

If you are using a Biosemi system (with CMS-DRL electrodes) then you must
re-reference to eliminate a <=40 dB noise contamination (see the Biosemi
website). You may reference as you wish -- using average reference is
typically a good choice.

Scott Makeig

On Sat, May 2, 2020 at 8:40 AM Fran Copelli <fcopelli at ryerson.ca> wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> My colleague is collecting data using a low density (18 channel) system.
> With so few channels, what are the guidelines regarding a) whether noisy
> channels should be deleted or interpolated and b) what is the maximum value
> to remove and still have interpretable data.
>
> My second question is regarding referencing. The manual for the system
> suggests that all data is referenced to CMS. Should we be rereferencing to
> another channel/to the average? Is average referencing suitable for such a
> low density system? Note that there are no mastoids to reference, only
> scalp and eye channels.
>

> Thanks very much and looking forward to hearing any suggestions,
>
> Fran
>
> Fran
>
> SMART Lab, Psychology Department

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott