[Eeglablist] Low density system questions

Fran Copelli fcopelli at ryerson.ca
Fri May 1 13:12:39 PDT 2020

Dear list,

My colleague is collecting data using a low density (18 channel) system.
With so few channels, what are the guidelines regarding a) whether noisy
channels should be deleted or interpolated and b) what is the maximum value
to remove and still have interpretable data.

My second question is regarding referencing. The manual for the system
suggests that all data is referenced to CMS. Should we be rereferencing to
another channel/to the average? Is average referencing suitable for such a
low density system? Note that there are no mastoids to reference, only
scalp and eye channels.

Thanks very much and looking forward to hearing any suggestions,

Fran

Fran

SMART Lab, Psychology Department