[Eeglablist] 2d or 3d plot of component clusters with electrodes

Malte Anders malteanders at gmail.com
Sun May 3 06:48:39 PDT 2020

Dear all,

"Plot -> Component maps -> in 3d" (pop_headplot() function) gives me the
possibility to plot every single component activation of one subject on a
3d head model. 'labels', 2, 'electrodes', 'on' even warps my current
electrode layout onto that head. However, there is no option to get the
average activation of two or more components, nor the option to average
across subjects (or to plot multiple subjects on 3d heads).

std_topoplot via the STUDY function (Study -> Edit/Plot Clusters -> Plot
scalp map(s)) gives me the opportunity to plot multiple subject component
activations for clustered components on a 2d head model and even outputs an
average 2d head model. There is however no option to warp electrodes onto
that averaged head model, or an option to show it in 3d.

I am searching for an easy way to plot the average component activation of
multiple subjects on (ideally) a 3d head model, if that is too much to ask,
a 2d model would do it as well, and warp my electrode layout onto that (the
last step doesn't seem to be possible via the study function,
unfortunately). I am willing to write a script for the command line, but
could anyone guide me where to begin and which eeglab functions I could
salvage?

Thanks!
Malte