[Eeglablist] Enquiry regarding power values calculated using spectopo

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Sun May 3 12:04:22 PDT 2020

Hi Gladys,

I have never summed channels' power values before so I am not sure what type of analysis you are doing.

For continuous data, I would generally get the mean power value of each frequency band of each channel, on raw power values (with prior extraction of non-overlapping 1-sec windows with 1-sec gaps between them to limit auto-correlation).
Then do the log10, and then average over electrodes if that's what you want to do.
I am assuming you are comparing it to another condition. If so, I would do the comparison for each electrode individually. Then, I would do a permutation stat test, and correction for multiple comparisons (FDR for example).

You can do all this easily with the EEGLAB STUDY.
You can do the window extraction by adding the power spectrum parameters: 'epochlim', [0 1], 'epochrecur', 2

Cedric

--
Cédric Cannard, MSc, PhD candidate in Neuroscience
Université Toulouse III, CerCo Lab, CNRS, France
ccannard at protonmail.com