[Eeglablist] Double precision

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Mon May 4 08:59:55 PDT 2020

Dear Lina,

The menu is now “File > Preferences” and the option is still present. Makoto should update his web page.

Also, for all some computations (resampling, filtering, ICA), the data is automatically converted to double precision (64-bits) and then the result is converted back to single precision (32 bits). Given that EEG signal is rarely acquired with more than 24-bit precision, using more than 32 bits is not necessary (except for filtering and ICA because of recursive processes where the error can add up when using 32-bit precision). So I would personally recommend to leave the memory option with the default value for data precision (it will not hurt to use it, most operations will simply be twice slower and take twice the RAM).

Best wishes,

Arno