[Eeglablist] EEGlab python version

Delorme, Arnaud adelorme at ucsd.edu
Mon May 4 09:11:36 PDT 2020

Dear Rita,

This file is a Python interface to read EEGLAB data files (part of the MNE python package). It is not an EEGLAB version running on Python (although this is possible as well without the menus using the Oct2py interface - see this page https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/EEGLAB_and_python). However, if you do not have Matlab, it is better to use Octave rather than Python (because the Oct2py interface above adds a layer by having Python interface Octave to run EEGLAB functions).

Note that the Oct2py is surprisingly stable and easy to use - probably due to the fact that only data formats are converted between Octave and Python.

Best wishes,

Arno