[Eeglablist] How to remove artifacts due to headphones

Mark Jones Mark.Jones at utsa.edu
Sun Jun 21 12:23:30 PDT 2020

Meha,

What type of artifact are you getting from the headphones? Electromagnetic interference?

Mark

Mark S. Jones, DMin, LPC, LMFT, BCN, QEEGD
Adjunct Professor, Director of Neurofeedback Program
University of Texas at San Antonio
Department of Counseling
501 Cesar Chavez Blvd.
Durango Building 3.304E
San Antonio, TX 78207
210-319-4569

Past Board Member, International Society for Neurofeeback and Research
Past President, Biofeedback Society of Texas

Hello EEGLAB community.

I had to use headphones during data collection because I was looking at the response of the brain after exposure to sound. Now, my data is very noisy because of that. I do baseline removal, then clean line noise and also use ASR (I think that's a very aggressive kind of filtering, please correct me if I am wrong), then run ICA. Yet, I can observe a lot of noise in data.

Please suggest something regarding this kind of data. How can I filter it efficiently?

Also, please let me know with whom can I discuss some troubleshooting for HEPLAB.

Regards.

Meha.