[Eeglablist] Problem regarding event list and bin listing steps in EEG processing

sujata sinha sujatasinhacse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 11:07:09 PDT 2020

Hi All,

My EEG data has 3 conditions/events having codes 2,3 and 4.
(a) In the event list, I assign bins 1,2, and 3, respectively. (PFA the
event list text file)

(b) Using the BDF, I want to assign bins as follows:
bin 1: event 2 followed by 5
bin 2: event 3 followed by 6
bin 3: event 4 followed by 7

(c) I save the data set after the step (b) and then look at the bins
assigned to the events.
I find that bin 1 is correctly assigned as per (b).
However, I find bin 1 is also assigned to event 2 followed by undesirable
event 8!!
It seems that as event 2 in (a) is binned as bin 1, it is retained in step
(b) even if I have clicked on "overwrite the bins" during the step (b).

(d) So, I removed the bins from the event list file and repeated the steps
(a) and (b). This time, an error popped up in step(b) "No bins assigned.
Try some other BDF".
So, I am confused about where I am doing wrong, or is it a bug in the
"overwrite" step as it is not overwriting completely?

For your reference, I have attached the event list file and the BDF I used.

Thanks and regards
Sujata Sinha