[Eeglablist] p-value and t-test on ERPs

Haneen Alsuradi haneen at nyu.edu
Tue Jun 30 23:35:12 PDT 2020

Hi EEGLAB list,

I have a question on calculating the p-value of ERPs under two conditions,
c1 and c2 (for a specific channel). I have 20 subjects, each performed 50
trials for c1 and performed 50 trials for c2. I have 500 data point for
each trial. My aim is to find the time points/time period where there is a
significant difference between the neural activity under the two
conditions. So my plan was to conduct 500 two sample t-test between the two
conditions.

However, I am not sure, should I take the average of the 50 trials per
subject and then conduct the t-test or should I give the 50 trials as is
without averaging and conduct the t-test?

Will appreciate your feedback and insight.

Thanks
Haneen