[Eeglablist] Interpolate 8 channel montage

Zaeem Hadi zaeemhadi at ymail.com
Mon Jul 20 09:16:55 PDT 2020

 Hi Brian,
I have been working with 8 channel dataset. However, I have avoided using the clean_rawdata plugin. The reason being the eye blinks, which are quite high in amplitude and also present in other channels to some degree. And thus clean_rawdata would almost always reject 2 or 3 channels. And interpolating so much data on just 8 channels wouldn't make sense. But if you have relatively clean data, you might be able to use it.
To avoid that, I am using the pop_eegthresh(ALLEEG) function to semi-automatically reject epochs based on amplitude thresholding. For some reason, it is not available through GUI.
That being said, I have interpolated some channels in my data due to excessive noise at the Alpha frequency range, but then I reduced the number of Independent components being determined using 'pca' option in infomax ICA, as suggested by Makoto in his pre-processing pipeline.
Kind Regards,
Zaeem Hadi