[Eeglablist] [External] Re: Scaling issue when copying ica weights/sphere.

Fine, Justin Michael justfine at iu.edu
Mon Jul 20 09:53:32 PDT 2020

Hi Makoto:

I had triple checked both of the things you mentioned before writing my original post.

Regarding #2: I had even run eeg_checkset(EEG, ‘ica’) to be specific about it.  I even tried it with RMS scaling commented out and then back on (original code).

None of that worked.  I checked the matrices were copied correct as well.

Note, I even manually rescaled the ica matrices by a factor of 100 or 1000 and that seemed to look better.

Instead of messing with it much more, I just went ahead and reprocessed the data as a continuous dataset rather than epoching before ICA.

Justin M. Fine, PhD