[Eeglablist] Free online course: Introduction to ERPs

Steven J Luck sjluck at ucdavis.edu
Sun Aug 23 08:43:55 PDT 2020

We are pleased to announce the official launch of our free online course, Introduction to ERPs. You can access it at https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://courses.erpinfo.org/courses/Intro-to-ERPs__;!!Mih3wA!TCpFkIfkEzBOqzqQD2izLqkvK0fYCqBN4wW5Wu3WuF8ef4FbukNz2SelFJK2p9NfgxLnnA$
The course is designed for researchers at any career stage (undergrads through full professors) who want to learn the basics of ERPs. Our goal is to teach you enough so that you can read and critically evaluate ERP papers. We actually go through the Methods and Results sections of a published paper in detail. We assume no prior ERP knowledge.
The course consists of 8 chapters, each containing between four and eight 5-minute lecture videos (hosted on YouTube). Every lecture video is followed by 1-2 quiz questions to promote comprehension and retention. It should take most people 3-5 hours to complete.
If you’re interested in becoming an ERP researcher, this course will give you enough of the big picture so that you can better make use of existing resources (e.g., An Introduction to the Event-Related Potential Technique).
It’s also great preparation for undergrads who are working in ERP labs.
All of the materials have a Creative Commons CC-BY license, so you can use them in your own teaching. Could be a big help if you’re teaching remotely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check out this web page for more details: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://erpinfo.org/intro-to-erps-course-materials__;!!Mih3wA!TCpFkIfkEzBOqzqQD2izLqkvK0fYCqBN4wW5Wu3WuF8ef4FbukNz2SelFJK2p9M68WAuyg$
Preparation of these materials was made possible by NIMH grant R25MH080794.
Steven J. Luck, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor, Department of Psychology<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/__;!!Mih3wA!TCpFkIfkEzBOqzqQD2izLqkvK0fYCqBN4wW5Wu3WuF8ef4FbukNz2SelFJK2p9Ns3G749A$ >
Core Faculty, Center for Mind & Brain<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mindbrain.ucdavis.edu__;!!Mih3wA!TCpFkIfkEzBOqzqQD2izLqkvK0fYCqBN4wW5Wu3WuF8ef4FbukNz2SelFJK2p9MnLMCsSQ$ >
University of California, Davis