[Eeglablist] The Gunkelmentary, a Live-streaming Film Event Sunday, September 27 @ 5:00PM

Dr. Michael Villanueva mvillanueva at alphathetacenter.com
Sun Sep 27 16:48:20 PDT 2020

I am posting an event: The Gunkelmentary, a Live-streaming Film Event Sunday, September 27 @ 5:00PM | Doors 4:30PM.  The film is free.   You will be able to access the film for free later as well.  You will need to access it initially from FaceBook.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://empresstheatre.org/event/the-gunkelmentary-a-live-streaming-film-event/__;!!Mih3wA!SSe2AWzik5qhVl_UtDNS24br7wrbwwCzGG-c4ESFAIjVUihBwIHBrVjMrSdJvDeQHiljyw$

Jay Gunkleman is an icon in the field of Electroencephalography and Neuroscience. Self-taught EEG technician, he has inspired thousands of researchers, Neurofeedback clinicians, as well as individuals who have benefited from his profound understanding of the brain and his teachings on the analysis of brain activity.  The film at the Empress Vallejo today  is the  world premiere of "The Gunkelmentary", a 90-min documentary on Jay's life and work, which will detail the development of the field of electroencephalography over the last half century along with Jay's insightful musings on the function of the brain, the history and development of EEG analysis as told through Jay's experience, testimonies from neuroscience professionals and students alike, and Jay's personal history and background as a simple tech who emerged as one of the most important teachers of our time in the field of neuroscience.

Why post this event on SCCN?  Because increasingly, the tools and approaches computational neuroscientists find their way into the arena of Neurofeedback. My hope is some viewers will want to know how Neurofeedback people work and think. Our field has a checkered reputation; however, by placebo or causation, like Chinese Medicine, what we do with neurofeedback works more often than not.   We take the DSP tools neuroscience researchers and engineers  have either developed or contributed to, and we press those tools into clinical service in our efforts to bring both understanding and relief to our clients.  The fact is many of those tools we now work with come from SCCN.

Thank you

Michael Villanueva