[Eeglablist] Registration for the Hosting a Brainhack Global 2020 Event is Now Open!

brainhack org brainhackorg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 08:28:09 PDT 2020

*Dear colleagues, *** Apologies for cross-posting and any inconvenience.
*** We are excited to announce that Brainhack Global 2020 will occur the
first two weeks of December (November 30th - December 13th), creating
opportunities to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from across
the globe and myriad disciplines. Brainhacks are unique collaborative
events, hosted by local organizers to celebrate the sharing of knowledge
and experience, and spread open science practices across the community.
Given the pandemic, many local events worldwide are expected to be run
virtually, providing access to researchers from any seniority level and
background.  We are currently recruiting sites to host local events during
Brainhack Global 2020. Each site sets their own schedule and content. You
can run your Brainhack with a particular research theme and arrange
speakers and tutorials on those specific topics. You can also choose to
keep a broad scope for the event, organize TrainTracks to train your
attendees on various topics and HackTracks to bring researchers together to
work on projects.  The Brainhack Global 2020 team is ready to help you host
your local events. This year, we offer a centralized project platform
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhack.org/global2020/projects/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD4xMLQ6TA$ > to gather projects from all
event locations in a central repository to encourage and facilitate
across-site collaborations and interactions. We also propose a matching
algorithm to help the local event attendees find the best fitting project
for the skill sets they would like to contribute with and train themselves
on.  We are still working towards completing our resources and tools. For
more information, guidelines and materials, please visit our Brainhack
Global 2020 website <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://brainhack.org/global2020__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD78SgVxDA$ > and our GitHub
repository <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/brainhackorg__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD5yMJ1NGw$ >. If you are interested in
running a local Brainhack event, please fill in the form
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhack.org/global2020/events/*host-your-own-local-brainhack__;Iw!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD4-seSJ7A$ > on
the website! If you are planning to participate in an event, please check
out our Event page <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhack.org/global2020/events/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD4DZXKBJw$ > regularly to
get more information about the hosting locations that have registered with
us so far. Brainhack Global 2020 Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://brainhack.org/global2020/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD79Jd0gMQ$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhack.org/global2020/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD5J4m1xBg$ >Brainhack Global GitHub Repository:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/brainhackorg/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD7MZc4T1A$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/brainhackorg/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD7MZc4T1A$ >Read our
FAQs! https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhack.org/global2020/faq/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD7QikjvcQ$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://brainhack.org/global2020/faq/__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD7QikjvcQ$ >Follow Brainhack Twitter!
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/brainhackorg__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD5_70EZVQ$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/brainhackorg__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD5_70EZVQ$ >Join
discussions on Brainhack
mattermost!https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mattermost.brainhack.org/brainhack/channels/brainhack-global__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD5jGzVnGA$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://mattermost.brainhack.org/brainhack/channels/brainhack-global__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD5jGzVnGA$ >
  Important
Dates27th November 2020        Host application deadline30th November -
13th December 2020 Brainhack events We look forward to having you all in
this very exciting event! The Brainhack Global 2020 Organizing
CommitteeCameron Craddock, Dell Medical School, The University of Texas at
Austin, Austin, Texas, USA Pierre Bellec, University of Montréal, Montréal,
Québec, CanadaDaniel Margulies, Institut de Cerveau et de la Moelle
épinière, Paris, FranceIsil Poyraz Bilgin, The University of Reading,
Reading, UKSofie Van Den Bossche, Ghent University, Ghent, BelgiumAnibal
Sólon Heinsfeld, Dell Medical School, The University of Texas at Austin,
Austin, Texas, USA Peer Herholz, Montréal Neurological Institute &
Hospital, McGill University, Montréal, Québec, CanadaSamuel Guay,
University of Montréal, Montréal, Québec, CanadaJon Haitz Legarreta,
Université de Sherbrooke, Sherbrooke, Québec, CanadaDamion Demeter, The
University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, USA The Brainhack Global 2020
VolunteersBrainhack Donostia Organizing Committee, 2020Eneko Uruñuela,
Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language, Donostia-San Sebastián,
Basque Country, SpainStefano Moia, Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and
Language, Donostia-San Sebastián, Basque Country, SpainAlberto Furgani,
Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and Language, Donostia-San Sebastián,
Basque Country, SpainDaniel Alacá, Basque Center on Cognition, Brain and
Language, Donostia-San Sebastián, Basque Country, Spain*
--
*Brainhack Global 2020 Organizing Committee*

*Website: https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://brainhack.org__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD4unaimjA$  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://brainhack.org__;!!Mih3wA!U8FnARwjBL9rZ5o9dw3v1A_9FKCL4pNKAWuLJMWDvo7_5-V_abVJj83LGN5SSD4unaimjA$ >*
*Twitter/Github: @brainhackorg*