[Eeglablist] Removing event manually

Martin Simoneau Martin.Simoneau at kin.ulaval.ca
Thu Oct 22 04:57:20 PDT 2020

Dear EEGlab users,

I want to remove events manually. Here is my MATLAB script. I want to make sure that this is not going to mess up my dataset.

listDINs = {EEG.event.type};
% remove boundary, for example
for n = 1:length(listDINs)
    if strcmp(EEG.event(n).type),'boundary')
        EEG.event(n).type = [];
        EEG.event(n).description = [];
        EEG.event(n).begintime = [];
        EEG.event(n).classid = [];
        EEG.event(n).code = [];
        EEG.event(n).duration = [];
        EEG.event(n).label = [];
        EEG.event(n).relativebegintime = [];
        EEG.event(n).sourcedevice = [];
        EEG.event(n).name = [];
        EEG.event(n).tracktype = [];
        EEG.event(n).latency = [];
        EEG.event(n).mffkeys = [];
        EEG.event(n).mffkeys_gidx = [];
        EEG.event(n).mffkeys_cidx = [];
        EEG.event(n).mffkeysbackup = [];
    end
end

I am sure it is necessary to set all fields to []; otherwise, it should be confusing for EEGlab to sort things out. However, I want to make sure that this script will not cause any damage to my dataset.

Thanks for your help,

Martin

Martin Simoneau, PhD
Professeur | Professor
Faculté de médecine - Département de kinésiologie
2300, rue de la Terrasse (PEPS)
Université Laval
Québec, (Qc) Canada
G1V 0A6

Chercheur | Researcher
Centre interdisciplinaire de recherche en réadaptation et intégration sociale (CIRRIS)
525 boul. Wilfrid-Hamel, Québec (Qc), Canada, G1M 2S8