[Eeglablist] Graduate Student Opportunities at UC Irvine

Ramesh Srinivasan srinivar at uci.edu
Mon Nov 2 12:28:04 PST 2020

Hi all -

I wanted to let any undergrads on this list, or in your labs, know that my
lab (hnl.ss.uci.edu) is looking for graduate students for two projects:

(1) Neurocognitive Models of Decision Making.  This project seeks to
develop computational models of perceptual decision making that incorporate
single-trial EEG analysis.   This project is a collaboration with Prof.
Joachim Vandekerckhove.

(2) Simulating and Modeling EEG/MEG/ functional connectivity.  This project
seeks to make use of modern statistical tools to integrate structural
connectivity and generative models of brain dynamics to EEG/MEG functional
connectivity.

Potential students can get more information, as well as apply at
apply.cogs.ci.  The application deadline is Dec 1.

Information about our PhD program can also be obtained here:
https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cogsci.uci.edu/graduate/requirements.php__;!!Mih3wA!XyuWwKw2DwJ9IoQLuBnZ5gtUQlkJ1W7xaIS77JOnzBjH3Ne83siY177zv7G_dBWEaO9AXQ$

Applicants might be particularly interested in our joint program with the
Department of Statistics.

Applicants should have strong mathematical and computer programming skills,
as well as good communication skills.

Successful applicants will receive funding toward their Ph.D. for at least
5 years.

One of the important goals in my laboratory and in our department is to
recruit a diverse group of graduate students not only in terms of race or
gender, but also in terms of socioeconomic background, experience, and
viewpoints.  I welcome all inquiries and applications.

If you have any questions, please reach out to me.

Ramesh Srinivasan
Professor and Chair
Department of Cognitive Sciences