[Eeglablist] PhD Position in Decision Neuroscience at Erasmus University

Maarten A.S. Boksem Maarten at boksem.nl
Thu Nov 19 01:56:04 PST 2020

At the Erasmus Center for Neuroeconomics
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.erim.eur.nl/neuroeconomics/__;!!Mih3wA!WsvOq232Zw3R1h_2XK5O0Cn8hdaif0rVe3vp04-H4PYkLNhGfS226PRe5VTtTynTt8lrpw$ > we seek outstanding applicants
whose research interests lie at the intersection of psychology, economics,
marketing and neuroscience and who are interested in studying the brain
mechanisms that underlie judgement and decision-making. Particular
interests of our group are the neural underpinnings of persuasive
messaging, social influences on choice, the role of affect in
decision-making and (dis)honesty. In particular, we focus on linking neural
measures obtained from individuals to real market-level choice data.
However, candidates have a large say in the precise focus of their project.

Experience with EEG and/or fMRI is required for this position. Applicants
who would be interested in applying neural data analysis to study
(real-world) choice behaviour are particularly encouraged to apply.

Experience or interest in more advanced fMRI methods, such as multi-voxel
pattern analysis (MVPA), representational similarity analysis (RSA),
classification algorithms, prediction models, or multivariate approaches to
EEG data analyses is a definite plus. However, candidates with a less
technical focus and a more general interest in how neuroscience can inform
decision-making are also encouraged to apply.

In addition to fMRI and EEG, we make use of eye-tracking, facial coding,
and behavioural measures in our research.

Interested candidates can apply through the ERIM website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.erim.eur.nl/doctoral-programme/phd-in-management/phd-vacancies/doctoral-research-in-marketing/__;!!Mih3wA!WsvOq232Zw3R1h_2XK5O0Cn8hdaif0rVe3vp04-H4PYkLNhGfS226PRe5VTtTymyAJBnJA$ >.
Application deadline January 15, 2021. For more information about this
position, please contact Ale Smidts (asmidts’at’rsm.nl), Maarten Boksem
(mboksem’at’rsm.nl), or Alex Genevsky (genevsky’at’rsm.nl).