[Eeglablist] [STUDY -> Precomputation Channel Measures] Created a Stupidly Large .DATTIMEF File

Steven Qian yqia803 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Thu Nov 19 01:38:55 PST 2020

Dear list,

I'm a Master student in cognitive neuropsychology. I recently switched from
using *EEGLAB v14.1.2* to *EEGLAB v2020.0* for a new project, but have
encountered a strange issue with the *[STUDY]* function from GUI.

When I was trying to *[Precompute Channel Measures]* for Time/Freq
decompositions (ERSPs and ITCs), for some unknown reason it took a very
long time to compute, and then created one 18GB-large *.DATTIMEF* file,
rather than multiple small *[design_name_condition_name.DATERSP and
.DATITC]* files specific to conditions which I get when precomputing the
same TF decompositions with the same datasets with *EEGLAB v14.1.2*.

I'm not sure whether this is due to some function upgrade in the latest
version of EEGLAB. It should be said though, that this unbelievably large
file does allow me to carry out further time-freq analysis I had done with
the older version; but the size of that file just looks not right, and I'm
wondering what can be the potential reason causing this, and essentially
how to fix this "problem".

Thanks in advance. Have a great day :)

Yichen Steven Qian