[Eeglablist] STUDY function- How to look up the total number of trials included in each independent variable

deniz doruk drdenizdoruk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 11:17:23 PST 2020

Hello All,

I am sorry to send this message again if it has already been received, and answered,  I had some trouble subscribing initially, and I thought maybe my message was never received, and I also wanted to ask one more question.

I had a question about trials in the STUDY function:

1) Is there a way to see how many trials each independent variable consists of in a STUDY, especially when the variable is created using a specific subset of trials, or a combination of them?
I am combining subset of trials into 1 variable, and therefore I want to double check if the number of trials included in the new variable matches the total number of trials; just to make sure that I am creating the variable correctly.

To be more specific, for my 1st variable, I have 8 event labels, 4 of which are combined into condition A and the other 4 into condition B, all in one dataset.
All my event labels are created through ERPLAB, and are under the field “binlabel”. I use the field “binlabel” to choose a subset of trials to create my conditions/variables. I can see the total number of trials in each “bin" via ERPLAB,  but what I want to do is to double check that the same number of trials is included when I create a new variable under the STUDY function.

2)For the Std_erpStudio, is it only for data with PCA clusters? Is there a way to use the same function (ie comparing mean amplitude) for ERP data without cluster information? Of course, I can export the data and use Matlab or an external software but I was wondering if there is a easier way to do this within the Study structure?

 Thank you for your help!

Deniz Doruk Camsari