[Eeglablist] STUDY - Run variable

Kavanaugh, Brian brian_kavanaugh at brown.edu
Sat Nov 21 06:34:29 PST 2020

Hi everyone,

I have a novice STUDY question.

We ran a single-session crossover design to test three types of TMS. Each
participant gets the same types (in randomized order). Condition: the three
types. Session: pre-post EEG (during working memory test) for each
condition.

Bc the WM test is long (especially for the sample of teens with adhd) and
there is a mid-way break, I divided the files into the first and second
half of the test. I originally loaded files into study and under category
"run" had 1st and 2nd half of each test across the sessions/conditions.

I realize now I can only examine session x condition interactions. But in
these analyses, if I'm not declaring the 'run' variable in the design, are
the first/second half of the test, or 'run' 1/2 both being analyzed? I
can't tell which (just run=1, just run=2, or both) are being used in the
condition x session analyses study runs.

I guess my question is what is the default for handling file columns that
aren't declared in the study design/variable creation section?

Related, if each file is coded 'block1' or 'block2', is there a way to
batch merge block1/2 across all the files? I've read the prior posts on
merging, but not sure if it directly applies to this situation.

I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Brian

--
Brian Kavanaugh, PsyD.
Pediatric Neuropsychologist, E. P. Bradley Hospital/Rhode Island Hospital