[Eeglablist] BIDS export for sourcedata possible?

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 11:04:44 PST 2020

I can add to Ramon's post that our NEMAR project
<https://ucsdnews.ucsd.edu/pressrelease/uc-san-diego-brain-imaging-data-gateway>
is moving forward, though its nemar.org site is currently under
construction. NEMAR will provide a free and open integrated 'data, tools,
and compute resource' portal for human electrophysiology data (EEG, MEG,
iEEG) to the U.S. NIMH archive OpenNeuro.org which is open to receiving
anonymized data formatted according to the BIDS standards from all sources.
It will also provide a link between NEMAR/OpenNeuro archived data and the
U.S. XSEDE high performance computing network, on which EEGLAB is already
running (see this paper
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811920302652?via*3Dihub__;JQ!!Mih3wA!S6rTRvp13wGBwuo-CdHBYsuNIeIn7mXiwMjqww2h6CJK5hku5kW2I721njRrUD01nb08iA$ >).
We will soon announce the opening of a NEMAR email list. Meanwhile,
questions and discussion can take place here on the eeglablist.

Scott

On Fri, Dec 4, 2020 at 12:20 PM Ramón Martinez <nucleuscub at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Nadine,
> At the SCCN we have been developing a toolbox to manage the importing and
> exporting of BIDS formatted files from EEGLAB. Take a look at this
> repository:
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/sccn/bids-matlab-tools__;!!Mih3wA!WJkowe_Z5VOS4SYGYDxswVmwckkdzIXVUpag_iFdRiQTn61QY8SKGpuBMHu_EYg3lxreag$
> .
> Note there are some examples that are worth looking at first.
>  Hope this helps,
> Ramon
>
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 4:20 PM Nadine Jacobsen <
> nadine.jacobsen1 at uni-oldenburg.de> wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I am using the bids_export function to convert my datasets to the BIDS
> > standard.  Thanks to the great examples online this was fairly easy. I
> have
> > xdf-files, so I can only store set-files in the BIDS subject folders and
> > would like to store the original files in a sourcedata folder. I was
> > wondering whether there is already a way to do this using eeglab? I
> > couldn't find anything but maybe I missed it?
> >
> > Thanks a lot,
> > Nadine
> >

> > M.Sc. Nadine Jacobsen
> > Doctoral Student
> >
> > University of Oldenburg
> > School of Medicine and Health Sciences
> > Department of Psychology, Neuropsychology Lab
> > Ammerländer Heerstr. 114-118
> > D-26111 Oldenburg
> >
> > Building A06, 0-047
> > Phone: +49 (0) 441 798 2935
> > E-Mail: nadine.jacobsen at uol.de<mailto:nadine.jacobsen at uol.de>

> > For digest mode, send an email with the subject "set digest mime" to
> > eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott