[Eeglablist] colour Density Spectral Array: plotting amplitudes as heatmaps for various Hz across time

Kaelasha Tyler kaelasha.tyler at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 19:48:15 PST 2021

Hi all,

I have looked online and can't see any information out there for this-can
anyone tell me how to plot a colour density spectral array for a continuous
eeg?

This would be a plot for a continuous eeg data set and have time on the x
axis, a range of frequencies on the y axis, and the eeg amplitude shown in
the colour spectrum. I would be plotting one channel at a time.

Obviously this is similar to a channel time-frequency plot. However the
standard EEGlab time-frequency plot averages over trials (while I want to
plot a continuous eeg data set without epochs/trials).
Also, the EEGlab time-frequency plot shows spectral density, while my
understanding of DSA is that they plot amplitudes more directly (not sure
about this last point).

Eitherway, can anyone tell me how to plot a Density Spectral Array for one
channel of continuous EEG?

Thanks,
Kaelasha