[Eeglablist] how to apply ICA methods on pre-clinical electrode configurations

Brian Harvey brian.harvey at biogen.com
Mon Jan 18 06:36:59 PST 2021

I found a public source for a 16 channel locations file and created the EEGlab dataset using my mouse data, the channel locations file and the ‘w’ and ‘s’ variable outputs from ICA… Looks like I am in business.

STUDY = []; CURRENTSTUDY = 0; ALLEEG = []; EEG=[]; CURRENTSET=[];
EEG = pop_importdata('dataformat','array','nbchan',16,'data','data','setname','Whisk','srate',1221,'pnts',0,'xmin',0,'chanlocs','E:\\electrode_positions_16channel.sfp','icaweights','w','icasphere','s');
[ALLEEG EEG CURRENTSET] = pop_newset(ALLEEG, EEG, 0,'gui','off');
eeglab redraw
pop_prop( EEG, 0, [1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16], NaN, {'freqrange' [2 80] });

However, I should still dig into the code (where ICA weights are applied) and learn these methods

Cheers,
Brian