[Eeglablist] LAPACK, BLAS, MKL.dll Error: The operating system cannot run mkl.dll

Sahin Ozsoy sahin.ozsoy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 09:53:35 PST 2021

Hi,
    When I use the latest EEGLAB Compiled version for Matlab Runtime 2020A
from the SCCN website, I am getting an MKL error (on some machines).

   It is either:

"LAPACK loading error:
mkl.dll: The operating system cannot run mkl.dll."

or

"BLAS loading error:
mkl.dll: The operating system cannot run mkl.dll."

   Strangely, the same compiled EEGLAB runs fine on most of the windows 10
computers I have tested. But on two particular ones, we are getting the
above errors.

   Also, if we run EEGLAB from within Matlab, on this error generating
machines, then there is no error.

   I think it is a Matlab issue related to a specific HW/SW configuration
of the specific computer.

Has anyone experienced the same and can suggest a solution?