[Eeglablist] dftfilt3: timesupport variable fixed

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Feb 22 11:07:10 PST 2021

Dear Ileana,

That's an interesting question, Ileana.

I did not develop this function, but if you see dftfilt3.m line 122, it
seems cycleinc, winsize, and timesupport override each other, which makes
sense because they are all related to determine the window length. The
default newtimef.m input uses cycleinc which is [3 0.5], which means the
window length is determined by the lowest frequency's 3 cycles, not by 7 SD
of the Gaussian.

> Reducing it at 2 or 3 seems to do the trick, but I would like to
understand sides effects (if any).

The principle is the same as Fourier transform--shorter time window means
less frequency resolution. If you compare the output ERSP plots with cycle
option [2 0.5] and [3 0.5], you can see the difference visually.

Makoto