[Eeglablist] Epochs - How to average epochs for power extraction

Krogmeier, Claudia M ckrogmei at purdue.edu
Mon Mar 22 15:02:53 PDT 2021

Hi List,

Thank you for any responses to the following question.

I am hoping to use Makoto's code for extracting alpha power (found on wikipedia):

 [spectra,freqs] = spectopo(EEG.data(2,:,:), 0, EEG.srate);  %channel 2

 alphaIdx = find(freqs>8 & freqs<13);
 alphaPower = mean(10.^(spectra(alphaIdx)/10));

I have currently selected my event of interest (condition 3, for example), which contains several epochs.

Can I assume that the alphaPower calculated will be from an average over the currently selected epochs?

I am currently analyzing a single subject.

Thank you!
Claudia