[Eeglablist] Fix ICA rank deficiency in script

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon May 10 14:48:16 PDT 2021

Dear Claudia,

> I just wanted to confirm that pop_runica will automatically adjust the
components possible to detect, based on the dataset's rank, as suggested by
the EEGLAB wiki.

No, I confirmed that at least in some conditions it fails. See this article.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_useful_EEGLAB_code#How_to_avoid_the_effect_of_rank-deficiency_in_applying_ICA_.2803.2F31.2F2021_added.29

If you have further questions, please let me know.
Also, if you are interested in the open EEGLAB mailing list experiment on
the ICA rank issue--please let me know!

Makoto