[Eeglablist] Creating epochs with json files

Fiona Mitchell Baumer fbaumer at stanford.edu
Tue May 25 14:20:05 PDT 2021

Hello,

I have clinical EEGs (saved as edf files) that I have marked, with markings stored in a .json file. I am wondering if there is a way to use the markings in the json file to create epochs from the EEG/edf data?

I am a physician and not particularly coding savvy. The person I’m collaborating with on this project used python/mne scripting to import the data and calculate connectivity values between electrodes. The values seem very off to me (based on the literature), so I was hoping to run a sanity check in Matlab/EEGlab as I’m more familiar with this than python. I can’t figure out how to make the epochs however.

Thanks very much!
Fiona

Fiona Baumer, MD
Assistant Professor in Child Neurology