[Eeglablist] Creating epochs with json files

Cedric Cannard ccannard at protonmail.com
Wed May 26 15:10:39 PDT 2021

Hi,

You can import your EDF data with the Biosig toolbox:
File>Import Data> Using EEGLAB functions and plugins>From EDF

Then not sure how that would work out, but you can use jsondecode to import your events from your json file into Matlab. And then with a little bit of coding trasnfer the events into the EEG.event structure which is where EEGLAB stores that information. The column EEG.event.type refers to the name of the marker, and EEG.event.latency refers to the timepoint of the marker in ms. The EEG.event.urevent is filled out automatically by "EEG = eeg_checkset(EEG);" and this will make sure there are no obvious errors in the formatting of the structure.

There may be other easier ways/plugins I am not aware of.

Cedric