[Eeglablist] ICA component labeling by EEG lab

sara.kamali at uam.es sara.kamali at uam.es
Mon Jun 21 02:03:05 PDT 2021

Hi All,

I am trying to remove bad components from my data. There are two
components next to each other with very similar brain maps, activity
power spectrums, and epoched activities. However, one of them is
labeled as a brain component with 52.5% probability and the other one
as line noise with 48.7%  and only a 7.9% probability of being a brain
component. How do we treat components like this? From the signals and
brain maps, it is not possible to tell them apart. How much should we
trust the labeling by EEG lab?

Thank you in advance