[Eeglablist] Marking Response Triggers as Correct or Incorrect Responses

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 15:28:21 PDT 2021

Cedric -   fyi  We are about to roll out the 3rd-generation of the
Hierarchical Event Descriptor system and system tools - which supports much
more exact descriptions of events than 'type: target'. The HED-3G system
will have EEGLAB tools and be compatible with both EEGLAB and BIDS.

Scott

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021 at 6:04 PM vic roc via eeglablist <
eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Dear Scott, Scott, and Cedric
>
> Many thanks for your awesome help. (And sorry for my belated response).
>
> I will do as you instructed and will see what happens next.
>
> Kind regards
> Vic
>
> On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 8:14 PM Cedric Cannard <ccannard at protonmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > For event #3 for example:
> > EEG.event(3).type = ‘correct’;
> >
> > EEG
> > Hope this helps
> >
> > Cédric
> >

> > On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 01:26, vic roc via eeglablist <
> > eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> >
> > Dear Members
> >
> > I have taken my EEGs, in which, each response (regardless of it being
> > correct or incorrect) has the same trigger marker.
> >
> > I have an Excel file which denotes the order of correct/incorrect
> > (which responses are correct or incorrect?) in each session.
> >
> > I want to map these responses onto triggers and tell the EEGLab that for
> > example the 3rd, 7th, and 9th responses are correct and the rest are
> > incorrect.
> >
> > And apparently I have to do it before epoch rejection, because if I do
> > epoch rejection, then the order of responses recorded in the Excel file
> > will not match my triggers anymore.
> >
> > Do you have any ideas about this? Is it possible to mark EEG triggers as
> > correct / incorrect responses? Or was the only way around "to assign
> > different triggers to correct and incorrect responses"?
> >
> > Thanks a lot.
> > For digest mode, send an email with the subject "set digest mime" to
> > eeglablist-request at sccn.ucsd.edu

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott