[Eeglablist] Makoto's preprocessing pipeline: ICA matrices transfer

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Fri Oct 15 15:48:51 PDT 2021

Dear Ya,

> I calculated ICA weight matrix and sphereing matrix with 1-35 Hz
band-passed data, then appled it to 0.1-Hz high-passed data. Then, I
applied the ICLabel to identify the artifact-related ICs. My question is
which dataset should be applied to?

So you don't want to apply a 1-Hz high-pass filter to your finalized data,
correct?

Regardless, ICLabel may be applied to either of the data.

Most likely, ICLabel uses learning results from broadband (1-64Hz, 1-128Hz,
1-256Hz even?) spectra. Unless you know ICLabel learned from 1-35Hz data,
it's probably safer to stick to more conventional broadband (1-64 or above
Hz) data to apply ICLabel.

Makoto