[Eeglablist] Installing CUDAICA on Windows 10 (2021 update)

Makoto Miyakoshi mmiyakoshi at ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 15 17:29:12 PST 2021

Dear Yunhui,

Thank you for your comment, Yunhui. It is an honor to discuss the CUDA
installation with you!

> Actually to run CUDAICA for Windows, you don't need to install Microsoft
Visual Studio at all. Only NVIDIA CUDA and Intel MKL is needed. Visual
Studio is only required if you want to build the exe file from source.

That is very good to know! I updated the section of the Wiki accordingly.
Please let me know if the description is closer to your recommendation.
https://sccn.ucsd.edu/wiki/Makoto%27s_useful_EEGLAB_code#By_using_CUDAICA_.2811.2F15.2F2021_updated:_Thank_you_Ugo_and_Yuhui.21.29

I used your .exe file and did not build it. I would not be able to make
CUDAICA work if I need to build it myself because I could not find any
detailed instructions to do so for a real naive person like me. One of my
collaborators could do it all by himself, but it is because he is
exceptionally skilled. Most of standard users would find it much easier to
download your pre-build .exe file. I deeply appreciate your contribution to
the community, Yunhui.

May I ask a question?
CUDA works much faster for single precision than double precision. I know
runica() uses double precision because the algorithm includes matrix
inversion. Does it mean CUDAICA also uses double precision? Are we using
CUDA on its slower side? Just curious.

Makoto