[Eeglablist] sLORETA question

Bruzadin Nunes, Ugo ugob at siu.edu
Sat Nov 20 12:32:16 PST 2021

Dear Makoto, Arno and all,

I would like to thank you two for pushing this discussion forward and for providing us with more information. It is good to know that I'm not the only one confused about the differences between eLoreta and sLoreta. My question is, if anyone can answer: Is eLoreta specific for localization of dipoles, or is that a DipFit-specific property? Because up until this conversation started, I had the impression that sLoreta allowed for whole-brain or ROI voxel activation analysis, while eLoreta was optimized for dipole-specific activation analysis. However, I see that I may have been wrong? Any thoughts would be much appreciated!

I am also interested in the EEGLAB wrapper for loreta; I offer my "services" on helping building it if necessary. My current research has epoched data but I will be using EEG (nor ERP) frequency-analysis of ROI-specific voxel activation, comparing between 4 groups and 12 sessions for a final GEE analysis - which is why you can imagine it would be much easier to get it done in EEGLAB/MATLAB instead of manually performing this transformation on sLORETA-key software, to export the data and analyze it elsewhere (i.e. on R or MATLAB).

Thank you two so much for all the info and help!

Cheers,

Ugo

Ugo Bruzadin Nunes, Ph.D. Candidate

Visiting Assistant Professor, Psychology

Webster University

Office Location: ISB room 316

Office Number: (314) 968-7677
Ugo at webster.edu<mailto:UgoBruzadinNunes at webster.edu>