[Eeglablist] Excluding channels in clean_artifacts

Scott Makeig smakeig at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 12:42:29 PST 2022

Paul -

While waiting for Arno to add the 'exclude channels' option, you could
remove the ECG channels from the data *and save to a new dataset*, run the
clean_artifacts function on the remaining data, then copy the results back
into the original dataset.  This seems a kludgy solution, but not unlike
what the new option will likely do, internally...

Scott

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 1:10 PM Beach, Paul via eeglablist <
eeglablist at sccn.ucsd.edu> wrote:

> Hi EEGLAB’ers,
>
> I’m curious whether there’s an easy way in which one might be able to
> exclude particular channels from clean_artifacts?
>
> I’m interested in not applying it to ECG channels as it looks like it’s
> occasionally causing issues with their morphology. It doesn’t look like
> there’s an explicit ‘exclude’ option, such as in re-referencing or other
> commands.
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Paul Beach DO, PhD
> PGY6, Movement Disorder Fellow
> Department of Neurology
> Emory University School of Medicine

Scott Makeig, Research Scientist and Director, Swartz Center for
Computational Neuroscience, Institute for Neural Computation, University of
California San Diego, La Jolla CA 92093-0559, http://sccn.ucsd.edu/~scott