[Eeglablist] Cognitive Neuroscience Group Study

Jazmin Morrone jazmin.morrone at stmarys.ac.uk
Mon Jan 10 03:20:59 PST 2022

Hello,

I hope that all is well.

I am a current researcher based in London, whom of which just completed a Master's of Research in Cognitive Neuroscience. Within MRes project, I utilized EEGLAB to analyze my data, and am now employing the software in order to analyze a current funded research project looking at the impact of sleep deprivation on cognition.

In doing so, I am analyzing the mean total power per frequency band, per participant, for a selection of given protocols. With analyzing the data, I am obtaining the mean powers per electrode through running the datasets through the Welch Method (and thus, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT)), but noticed that some of the power spectrum density values (micro-Volts-squared per Hz (uV^2/Hz)) seems slightly high. For instance, most of the band power spectrum densities are within the 0-100 (uV^2/Hz) range, with the odd mean delta and theta band power spectrum densities ranging from 1,000-20,000.

If anyone has any insight into or understanding as to why this may be the case, it would be greatly appreciated.

I appreciate the support and am looking forward to hearing back!

Kind regards,

Jazmin Morrone

Lecturer and Technical Services

Faculty of Sports Allied Health and Performance Sciences

St Mary's University

Waldegrave Road

Twickenham

TW1 4SX

****************************************************************** Disclaimer This email may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, we are sorry that you have received this email in error. Please note that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender, do not open any attachments, and delete the email immediately. Any views and opinions are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of St Mary's University Twickenham. Please rely on your own anti-malware software. No responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any infection. We reserve the right to monitor e-mail messages passing through our network as permitted under UK law. ******************************************************************