[Eeglablist] XDF-importer; LSL

Dr. Ingmar Brilmayer ibrilmay at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 11 04:11:02 PST 2022

Dear List,

We are currently running experiments in which participants are allowed
to move freely, while we record multimodal data (EEG, Eyetracking,
video, audio). We are currently looking for an easy way to resync the
LSL-recorded gaze data with the recording from the eyetracking software,
to be able to use things like face recognition, surface tracking etc. on
the world video recording of the eyetracker. Here is the problem: the
xdf_importer automatically synchronizes the time stamps of the streams
(which is super), but without adding a field containing the original
timestamps (start and end time stamps of the LSL-recording in times of
the original recording). We can, of course, look up "last_timestamp" and
"first_timestamp" using the XDF-browser App included in LSL, but isn't
there a way to modify the xdf_importer to add a field "first_timestamp"
and "last_timestamp" or to include a field that contains all unsynced,
i.e. original timestamps? Maybe some people from the mobilab plugin read
this as well and have some ideas for their xdf import functions?

Greetings,
Ingmar