[Eeglablist] Biosig for EDF files

Dr. Rogene M. Eichler West, Ph.D. QEEGD dr.west at nwneuro.pro
Tue Feb 22 18:01:29 PST 2022

Hello!

I am running EEGLab 2022.0 within Matlab R2020a on Windows 11.

I installed Biosig3.7.9 (default) through the EEGLAB Gui -> Manage Extensions.

When I try to read an edf file, I get the error in the command window:

> Warning: File: sopen.m Line: 8469 Column: 88
> Unrecognized pragma "%#26".
>> In pop_biosig (line 117)
> Warning: EDFANNOT2EVT.M is currently not supported! If there are problems reading EDF files,
>> In edfannot2evt (line 26)
> In sopen (line 1056)
> In pop_biosig (line 117)
> Warning: download and install mexSLOAD.mex* from https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__pub.ist.ac.at_-7Eschloegl_src_mexbiosig_&d=DwIGaQ&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=kB5f6DjXkuOQpM1bq5OFA9kKiQyNm1p6x6e36h3EglE&m=HXdcH3LX-SPkODh4yRl3dzww17YK5gjHPCrbtf55JzW0mOrtKfxkFyWvFQG6vC6S&s=DaXhVXqBGaLI6rZqdkghzGZ6PKtN3pIV_Jg5n06fORQ&e=
>> In edfannot2evt (line 27)
> In sopen (line 1056)
> In pop_biosig (line 117)

And in the GUI, I am told that I need to install mexSLOAD, although the message suggests that it should have been automatically installed.

I have searched the eeglablist archive, and I do not see a discussion on this topic over the past three years.

I would appreciate any suggestions for a fix!

Thanks!

-Rogene